As the Covid-19 continues to spread across the world, parents are concerned, more than anything else, about the welfare of their kids.
Although reports show that the elderly and people with underlying health conditions are more vulnerable to the disease.
But the big question is, how can parents protect their kids from the disease?
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention has the answer:
Q: How can I protect my child from COVID-19 infection?
- You can encourage your child to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by teaching them to do the same things everyone should do to stay healthy.
- Clean hands often using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid people who are sick (coughing and sneezing)
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily in household common areas (e.g. tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks)
- Launder items including washable plush toys as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry items completely.
As a parent or educator, we know you're also dealing with the challenges caused by COVID-19. This is a trying period, and we're committed to supporting you in every way possible. We'll get through this together and emerge more formidable than ever before.
Let's keep safe!