Skip to main content
Children'S International School (Cis)
Plot 8, Funke Zainab Usman Street
No. Of Teaching Staff
No. Of Non-Teaching Staff
2021/2022 Academic Session
721 Person(s) liked this school
Call Center 2
Call Center: +234 810 277 0229
CIS is an outstanding international learning institution that offers primary and secondary education in Nigeria, setting the standard for world class education, whose focus is on enabling students to become successful learners who enjoy learning as well as outstanding individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives. This is achieved through the offering of a rich diverse and stimulating programme facilitated by the national curriculum of England.
As standard setters, CIS keeps raising the bar of education excellence and we take pride in our achievements as a school, notable of which is the school’s accreditation and approval as a British School Overseas by the Department for Education (UK), the first school in Nigeria and the third in Africa to receive this prestigious award.
The school’s undisputable quality is assured by the Office for Standards in Education (OfSTED) UK, with the award of the International Schools Quality Mark (ISQM) at Silver level.
Life at CIS is a fantastic one full of excitement! Everyday, our students look forward to coming to school and this is facilitated by the array of stimulating academic activities, extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, all of which combine to balance the students’ learning experiences. These experiences give our students an edge, and also help to keep them in tune with the world’s dynamic advancement.
The distinctive atmosphere of the campus is undoubtedly fascinating, and this is felt right as you walk through our doors.
Primary and Secondary School
1. Parents to fill in Registration Form a) Attach two Passport size photographs b) Bring in Original Birth Certificate for sighting c) Copy of Birth Certificate for file d) Attach previous most recent school Report
2. Pay the Registration Fee of N 40, 000
3. Collect medical forms 4. Await call for Assessment – Reception class upwards
5. Assessment/Meeting with Head Teacher
6. If successful Head Teacher assigns a class and sports house and advises Admin office and then the parents.
7. Actual entry into school/class of the child takes place ONLY after all formalities have been completed: - family information form for the office - - - copy for Class Teacher - - full payment of all school fees/check with Bursar/receipt - Purchase of school uniform/PE uniform - Submission of medical forms
Complete an Application Form
Submission of the Application Form with the following documents attached:
- 2 recent passport photographs
- Original birth certificate for sighting
- Copy of birth certificate for filing
- Most recent report from previous school
Arrange an Individual Visit to the School.
Invitation for Taster Day & Entrance Assessment.
Pupils applying for a place in the Nursery Year Group to Year 6 are invited for the Taster Day.
Year 1 - Year 7 and mid-stream entry sit entrance assessment on given dates. Exam scores are not given to pupils.
Invitation for Oral Interview.
Only pupils who have completed the admissions process will be afforded the opportunity for an interview with the Senior Management Team. The interview must be attended by BOTH parents, with the student dressed in full school uniform.
Offer of Admission
Offer letters will be issued after step 1 – 5 have been successfully completed. Fees must be paid in two instalments - 1st instalment: Payment of the Acceptance Fee must be made within 10 working days, after receiving the offer letter. 2nd Instalment: Parents are required to respond by the designated date.
Only Children’s International School Management reserves the right for admission.
ON GOING: ENTRANCE ASSESSMENT YEAR 7
- Registration Forms
- Registration forms for admission into Year 7 are available online – www.cislagos.org and on campus at the Admissions Office.
- Age Requirements
- Students for Year 7 class must be 11 by August 31st of the year of admission. In the year of admission, all parents of eligible students are invited for the entrance assessment and interview.
- Admission Criteria
- All students wishing to gain entry into the senior school must take
online CATs test, then an Interview.
- Entrance Assessment Date
- November 21st and 28th 2020 & by arrangement if necessary.
- Children’s International School. Address: 8, Amore Street, off Freedom Way (end of Admiralty Way), Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
- For More Enquiries
- Call Ms. Ogho on 07046250413, 08100526287 or email email@example.com
Children’s International School, fondly known as CIS, is owned by an entity by the name of Keystage Educational Services Limited. CIS is a multi-national co-educational English Curriculum School, catering for pupils from ages 2½ to age 16 leading to the IGCSE examination. The teaching faculty reflects the international orientation of the school and is adept at integrating students coming from a wide variety of cultural and academic backgrounds. At CIS, we are committed to maintaining a high standard of teaching and learning. CIS is in its seventeenth year of existence, having started operations in September 2003. On day 1, we started with 45 pupils and about 15 staff. By the end of the first year, we had grown to 75 pupils. The School has enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and presently has 636 students. Its staff body spreads across the Academic, Administrative, Admissions, Human Resources, Accounts and ICT departments.
We are working to be the reference point in education delivery in Nigeria and beyond. Already, our products are speaking for us, as our students continue to bag top flight achievements in both local and international programmes cutting across curricular and extra-curricular activities year in, year out. The school keeps improving on its strategies to nurture and empower its students so that they become transformative global citizens.
The population mix of the school reflects the international character of the school with about twenty nationalities represented. The Teaching Faculty also reflects this mix.
CIS is offering scholarships to senior school students. Following application, 100 students will be shortlisted for an assessment test and then face an interview panel. Successful applicants will be awarded scholarships up to the value of N4m.
British School Overseas (BSO) Award 2015; International Schools Quality Mark (ISQM); Microsoft Showcase School.
Plot 8, Funke Zainab Usman Street
Lekki Phase 1
Plot 8, Amore Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Eti-Osa LGA Lagos
Children's International School (CIS)
Want a quick loan to pay for your ward's school fees or exams?