The Business of Education 2020 (Virtual Edition)
It’s the 4th edition of the Business of Education Summit!
The annual summit is a huge gathering of key education stakeholders in Nigeria and beyond to discuss actionable solutions to problems in our education system in order to build a better future for the current and coming generations of African children.
We are particularly happy that the event keeps getting better; getting all hands on deck to change the narrative in the African education industry. This year’s edition would be virtual to reach and impact more delegates and partners beyond the shore of Nigeria.
Who are the past participants and speakers?
Over the last 3 years, over 3,500 top school directors, administrators, education entrepreneurs and policy makers have participated in the event and more than 50 renowned thought and business leaders have honoured our invitation to share their perspectives with the delegates. A few of our past speakers and panelists include:
- Mr. Bukar Kyari – Chairman, Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Prof. Chris Ogbechie – Professor of Strategic Management at Pan Atlantic University
- Mrs. Folashade Adefisyo - Honourable Commissioner of Education, Lagos
- Prof. Fred Mcbangoluri – Provost, Academic City College, Ghana
- Dr. Jennifer Smith – International Education Consultant
- Dr. Kunbi Wuraola – Country Director, Junior Achievement Nigeria
- Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, OFR – Former Deputy Governor, Lagos State
- Mrs. Biola Alabi – Founder, Biola Alabi Media
- Mr. Mark Brooks – Founder, Mark Brooks Education, UK
- The Catalyst, Lanre Olushola – African renowned life coach
- Mr. Darrell McGgraw – Senior Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Mr. Raghav Lal – CEO, Lancaster University, Ghana
- Mr. Stewart Cowden – Head of School, Day Waterman College
- Mr. Niyi Yusuf – Country Managing Director, Accenture
- Mr. Alex Goma – Managing Director, Grand Cereals
- Mr. Austin Okere – Founder, Computer Warehouse Group and AUSSO Leadership Academy
- Mr. Mohammed Ahmed – Director of Schools Education and Society, British Council
- Mrs. Lai Koiki – Founder, Greensprings School
- Mr. Tope Toogun - Head of Human Capital, Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Mr. Paul Ayim - Senior Partner, Philips Consulting
- Mr. Adeoye Daniel – Senior Investment Analyst, Verod Capital
- And Many More!
What is our focus this year?
According to the Financial Times, this year, Africa will account for almost all of the $21bn annual gap in education finance in low-income countries. Undoubtedly, closing that gap will mean mobilising more resources and spending them more efficiently. According to the report, on both points, Africa indeed has some way to go.
- Where are the critical funding gaps?
- How can we mobilise resources to bridge the gap?
- Who will be responsible?
- How can we ensure financial accountability?
- What are the funding options and finance sources available to our schools?
- What other revenue streams beyond school fees can our schools leverage?
These and many more would be addressed at this year's summit.
Please find below further details:
- Theme: Bridging The Education Funding Gap in Africa
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/
- Webinar ID: 945 9508 4886
- Date: Thursday, 29th October, 2020.
- Time: 10am – 12pm WAT (Morning session) & 5pm – 7pm (Investment Masterclass)
How do I get invited?
This event is strictly for School Owners, Administrators, Policy Makers, Education Entrepreneurs and Concerned Stakeholders. Attendance is free but strictly by registration and invitation. You can register up to 5 top management staff in your school/organisation. Priority will be given to early registration.
Special Breakout Session
We are also pleased to invite you to the Investment Masterclass, a special breakout session at this year’s edition of the Summit.
At the masterclass, experienced investors and funds raising experts will share practical insights on how you can raise investment for your school. They will provide practical assistance on various investment options and opportunities and how to tap into them. The masterclass will also dissect what investors are looking for and how you can meet up. Ample time will be provided for questions and answers.
The summit (plenary session) is FREE to participate. However, the Masterclass will cost you a token of N20,000. Kindly pay HERE.
For Sponsorship, Exhibition and Partnership, also call 08036566809
Who are the Organisers?
The Business of Education Summit is an initiative of Edusko Africa. Our mission is to enhance the quality of and access to education in Africa by creating game changing solutions and platforms for education providers, school leaders, policy makers, teachers, parents and students. Our flagship, Edusko.com, is Africa’s largest online platform where loving families find suitable private schools and access education finance in Nigeria, Ghana and beyond. We are providing unfettered access to our private schools, helping them double their enrollments while at the same time empowering parents with unbiased information to make informed school choices for their wards with ease. Our other game changing platforms include: The Avenue, Lifelong and Edusko Virtual.
REGISTER FOR FREE TO ATTEND: Click Here!
Access details would be shared only with those who registered to attend.