The Business of Education 2021
It’s the 5th edition of the Business of Education Summit!
The annual summit is a huge gathering of key education stakeholders in Nigeria and beyond to discuss actionable solutions to problems in our education system in order to build a better future for the current and coming generations of African children.
Who are the past participants and speakers?
Over the last 4 years, over 4,500 top school directors, administrators, education entrepreneurs and policy makers have participated in the event and more than 70 renowned thought and business leaders have honoured our invitation to share their perspectives with the delegates. A few of our past speakers and panelists include:
- Mr. Bukar Kyari – Chairman, Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Prof. Chris Ogbechie – Professor of Strategic Management at Pan Atlantic University
- Mrs. Folashade Adefisyo - Honourable Commissioner of Education, Lagos
- Prof. Fred Mcbangoluri – Provost, Academic City College, Ghana
- Dr. Vincent Ogutu - Vice Chancellor, Strathmore University, Nairobi
- Dr. Jennifer Smith – International Education Consultant
- Dr. Kunbi Wuraola – Country Director, Junior Achievement Nigeria
- Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, OFR – Former Deputy Governor, Lagos State
- Mrs. Biola Alabi – Founder, Biola Alabi Media
- Mr. Mark Brooks – Founder, Mark Brooks Education, UK
- The Catalyst, Lanre Olushola – African renowned life coach
- Mr. Darrell McGgraw – Senior Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Mr. Raghav Lal – CEO, Lancaster University, Ghana
- Prof. Yomi Fawehinmi - Development Expert
- Mr. Stewart Cowden – Head of School, Day Waterman College
- Mr. Niyi Yusuf – Country Managing Director, Accenture
- Mr. Alex Goma – Managing Director, Grand Cereals
- Mr. Austin Okere – Founder, Computer Warehouse Group and AUSSO Leadership Academy
- Mr. Mohammed Ahmed – Director of Schools Education and Society, British Council
- Mrs. Lai Koiki – Founder, Greensprings School
- Mr. Tope Toogun - Head of Human Capital, Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Mr. Paul Ayim - Senior Partner, Philips Consulting
- Mr. Orji Emmanuel - President, Association for Formidable Educational Development
- Dr. Naomi Adjepong - Director of Operations, Alpha Beta Education, Ghana
- Mr. Adeoye Daniel – Senior Investment Analyst, Verod Capital
- Dr. Ponmile Osibo - Partner, Platform Capital
- Dr. Bunmi Oyinsan - Co-founder, Lekki Peninsula College
- Dr. Max Dohna - Head of Growth Africa, EIDU Education, Kenya
- And Many More!
What is our focus this year?
The importance of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) in African growth cannot be over emphasised. STI has been a driver of economic growth and development all over the world. While advanced economies have used their education system to champion STI development, African schools appear to be playing no active role in the development of STI. For example, a report by UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) shows that several countries in Africa have no active policy or plan to implement science and technology into the education system.
At this year’s edition of the Business of Education Summit, subject matter experts and renowned innovators would be convened to dissect how we can place science, technology and innovation at the epicentre of Africa’s socio-economic development and growth through our education system. We will discuss the impact of STI on critical sectors and how our education system can be an enabler.
5 key questions:
1. How can we unlock the potential for STI in our schools?
2. How can we build an education system that inspires STI?
3. How can we embed STI in our curriculum?
4. How can we build our Teachers capacity to deliver on STI?
5. What are the career prospects and opportunities in STI for the next generation?
Please find below further details:
- Theme: Unlocking the Potential for Science, Technology & Innovation in Our Schools
- Venue: Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos (The event will also be live streamed)
- Date: Thursday, 28th October, 2021.
- Time: 10am prompt
Some of the confirmed speakers at this year's edition include:
- Professor Wole Soboyejo - Senior Vice President & Provost, WPI, USA. Former Professor, Princeton University; Former President & Provost, AUST
- Dr. Oby Ezekwesili - Chairperson, Advisory Board of EhizuaHub & Former Minister of Education, Nigeria
- Professor Soumitra Dutta - Professor of Management & former founding Dean of the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business at Cornell University, New York.
- ‘DeRemi Atanda - Executive Director, SystemSpecs, Nigeria
- Dr. Akintoye Akindele, CFA, DBA - Executive Chairman at Atlantic International Refinery and Petrochemical Ltd., Nigeria
- Dr. Olubayo Adekanmbi - Lead Consultant, Data Science Nigeria EdTech
- Taewook Im - Sales Manager, International Business Department, Artec Co., Ltd; Japan.
- Dave Gabriel - CEO, Standage Inc., Nigeria
- Maliha Ahad - CEO, AIM Middle East, UAE
- Ilona Rizk - Early Years Trainer, AIM Middle East
- And many more!
How do I get invited?
This event is strictly for School Owners, Administrators, Policy Makers, Education Entrepreneurs and Concerned Stakeholders. Attendance is free but strictly by registration and invitation. You can register up to 5 top management staff in your school/organisation. Priority will be given to early registration.
Master Class Session - Professionalism for STEAM in Early Years
One of the key highlights at this year's summit is the special master class session for the Educators in the early years or those desiring to play in the early years space. Experts from the International Pre-School Curriculum (IPC) and AIM Middle East will lead the session on "Integrating STEAM into Early Years Teaching". The session will hold between 5pm - 7pm. It will earn all participants a certificate from IPC and will cost a token of $45 or N20,000. To participate in this break-out session, please click HERE or call: +234-7052704253
For Sponsorship, Exhibition and Partnership, also call 08036566809
Who are the Organisers?
The Business of Education Summit is an initiative of Edusko Africa. Our mission is to enhance the quality of and access to education in Africa by creating game changing solutions and platforms for education providers, school leaders, policy makers, teachers, parents and students. Our flagship, Edusko.com, is Africa’s largest online platform where loving families find suitable private schools and access education finance in Nigeria, Ghana and beyond. We are providing unfettered access to our private schools, helping them double their enrollments while at the same time empowering parents with unbiased information to make informed school choices for their wards with ease. Our other game changing platforms include: The Avenue, Lifelong and Edusko Virtual.
REGISTER FOR FREE TO ATTEND: Click Here!